WHAT: MLK Day Parade
WHEN: Monday, January 20th, 2020 @ 10:00 A.M.
- Participants Must Arrive No Later then 9:00 A.M. to Line Up
WHERE: Holmes St & MLK Jr. Blvd is the Start of the Parade
- Parking for Participants: Fair Park Pennsylvania Parking Lot
- 3601 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Dallas, TX 75210
CAIR-Texas DFW is proud to help organize the Muslim community to be a part of the 38th Annual MLK Day Parade! This parade celebrates the life and legacy of Martin Luther King Jr. The parade will feature approximately 250 entries from various community organizations, church groups, youth groups, band/drill teams, colorful floats, and of course the Muslim community.
Here is what you need to know:
- What: CAIR-Texas DFW has registered the Muslim community to be part of this year's MLK Day Parade. We would love for everyone in the DFW Muslim community to participate.
- Register Online: Anyone who would like to be part of the Muslim group in the MLK Parade MUST register online. This is so we have an accurate count of the number of people who will be in our group. Anyone who shows up without registering will be sadly turned away.
- Dress: It's January so dress warm and appropriately for the weather. We encourage all the participants to dress however you like. We encourage you to wear cultural clothing to the event.
- Can I Bring Signs & Flags: Yes, please feel free to bring flags, appropriate signs, and other decorations to celebrate the day. Note, the CAIR-Texas DFW team will review all signs before allowing them into the parade.
- How Far do we March: The parade distance is a little over a mile. Wear comfortable shoes. The parade moves fairly slowly so it's not difficult for children or the elderly to keep up.
- What Time Should I Arrive: Lineup begins from 8:00 A.M. We encourage everyone to come no later then 9:00 A.M. Coming early will make it easier for you to find parking and find our group. The march begins at 10:00 A.M. sharp. If you arrive by then it's too late and you will have a difficult time joining the group.
- Will there be anything to eat: You are welcome to bring snacks and water bottles. We will not be providing either.
- Can I Bring a Stroller: Yes, strollers are allowed in the parade.
- Can I Bring Confetti: No, confetti or anything else that can be thrown will not be allowed in the parade.