How to Apply for Unemployment in Texas: Overcoming Coronovirus Legal Series
Watch this short 5-minute video on how to apply for unemployment benefits if you lose your job in Texas.
1. Apply right away:
2. Google "apply for unemployment 'your state name)" or call 800-939-6631 for Texas.
- Website: https://apps.twc.state.tx.us/UBS/changeLocale.do?language=en&country=US&page=/security/logon.do
- Create a login and password and give them requested information.3. Information that you need to provide:
- Your last employer’s business name, address and phone number
- First and last dates (month, day and year) you worked for your last employer. If you worked for your last employer on more than one occasion, provide the most recent employment dates.
- Number of hours worked and pay rate if you worked the week you apply for benefits (Sunday through Saturday)
- Information about the normal wage for the job you are seeking
- Alien Registration number (if not a U.S. citizen)
4. In Texas you can get a maximum of $465 per week for 26 weeks. The fund s can either be given to you through direct deposit or a debit card.