The center will provide free and low-cost immigration assistance to Muslims across Washington state
Thanks to the generous support of the Texas community we are proud to announce are launching CAIR- Texas Central-North Immigrant Rights Resource Center in the summer of 2021!
What is it? The Immigrant Rights Resource Center is a division of CAIR-TX CN legal and policy work that offers free/low-cost immigration legal services to the Texas Muslim community and works to advance equitable immigration policies on their behalf at every level of government.
Who will it serve? Muslim immigrants and refugees in Texas state and their eligible family members outside the U.S.
What sort of services will it provide?
- Immigration Application Assistance (help with visa and asylum applications, status adjustments, citizenship petitions, and more)
- Immigration Delay Representation
- Interview Preparation and Representation
- Translation Assistance
- Travel Assistance
- Immigrant & Refugee Outreach and Education (Civic Engagement and Government 101 Trainings, Citizenship Clinics, Voter Registration for Naturalized Citizens, etc.)
- Immigration Policy Advocacy
We are currently in the process of hiring a our immigration rights attorney to increase the capacity of our legal team as we take on this expanded area of service for our community.
Over the past five years, the Muslim community has been at the center of many of our country’s most contentious immigration policies. While the Trump administration is behind us, the damage done by its Islamophobic policies and the underlying systemic inequities persist.