Application for the "Texas Muslim Leadership Scholarship" by CAIR-Texas Central-North
Be sure to read all instructions thoroughly before applying.
Applications are open from April 30th - May 30th, 2021
Summary of Scholarship: The Texas chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations Central-North (CAIR-TX CN), representing the united offices of Austin and Dallas Fort-Worth, is proud to offer the Texas Muslim Leadership Scholarship to high school seniors. We believe that the greatest asset of the Texas Muslim community is our young Muslims, and that pursuing a college education and using those skills to better one's life, community, and the world is part of the Prophetic message.
Our office provides this annual scholarship to students who have completed our innovative "Lifelong Leaders After-School Club" (LLAC), to assist young Muslims in their pursuit of higher education. This club is a year-long afterschool program designed to introduce high school students to CAIR essential skills such as public speaking, debate, influencing government, Islamic history & identity, and leadership. Students who successfully graduate from this program are eligible for this scholarship.
Application Process FAQ - Read First
- Applying for the Scholarship: LLAC members interested in applying for the scholarship must fill out the application form online and upload all documentation. After successfully applying online, the CAIR-TX CN team will set up 1-2 interviews with the student via Zoom. After the interview process is over, a final decision will be announced by June 1st, 2021.
- What are the Minimum Requirements? A student must be a registered member of the LLAC and completed all four sections of the program.
- The student must be a senior and have been accepted to a college or university. Note, the type of institution or program does not play a role in the selection process.
- A U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
- A GPA of 3.0 is preferred but NOT an absolute requirement.
- What Documents Do I Need?
- A resume
- A cover letter
- What Should I Include in my Cover Letter?
- Your cover letter must be 1-2 pages long but should not exceed two pages.
- The letter must answer the question: "How will you use your education to make the world a better place?”
- (Note, the change you hope to make does not have to be global. You can discuss how your education will help make your community, city, state, country, or world better.)
- A good cover letter will talk about yourself, your journey, and why you believe you are deserving of this leadership scholarship.
- How Many Students will be Awarded & the Amount?