Registration Open for Final Session - Islamic History & Identity Building
Registration is now Closed
After School Club: The Young Muslim Leadership Council, the youth arm of CAIR-Texas DFW is proud to hold the first-ever "Lifelong Leaders Afterschool Club". This club is a year-long program for High School Muslim students. The club's activities are divided into four distinct sections. These sections will cover CAIR essential skills such as:
1. Public Speaking Section
2. How to Influence Government Section
3. Debate Section
4. Islamic History and Identity Building Section
Each section includes 3 weekly virtual learning sessions and concludes with either competition with cash or other prizes or a real-world experience. Examples of real-life activities include both Texas Muslim Capitol Day in Austin and the Washington D.C. Lobby Day in the summer. Several social events will be scheduled for participants to build meaningful relationships. Volunteer opportunities are available to help students receive volunteer hours.
- The final session is titled "Islamic History and Identity Building" begins on Wednesday, March. 31st, 2021
- How to Signup: Students must register online no later than Sunday, March. 31st, 2021.
Costs: $30 per student - (Note Public Speaking and How to Influence Government Sections are Over. Students who Signup Now will be Included for the "Islamic History & Identity Building")
- Participants who complete all four sections will be eligible for the CAIR-Texas College Scholarship of $1,000. They will need to apply for the Scholarship at the end of the school year and compete with other participants.
- Assistance: We will never let cost stand in the way of students who would like to participate in this program. Any student needing assistance will be either given a reduced price or no cost.
- Ages: High School Students (Exceptions Made for 8th Graders)
The Young Muslim Leadership Council (YMLC), is a project of (CAIR-Texas DFW).
Purpose: YMLC's goal is to develop the next generation of American Muslim leaders.
Our Goal: Our goal is to educate, inspire, and give opportunities to young Muslims to master CAIR essential skills. These skills include:
We believe in empowering the next generation of American-Muslims to be tomorrow's leaders, today! We are student led and develop our own programs and projects with mentoring by CAIR-Texas DFW staff. We focus on building leadership skills, empowering the American-Muslim identity, and making change. Want to join? We would love to have you part of our team!