IMPORTANT: Start Date Postponed to January 26th due to Covid 19 Spike
Registration is Open for the Spring Semester of the Lifelong Leaders Afterschool Program
The "Lifelong Leaders Afterschool Program" (LLAP) is a year-long leadership program for High School Muslim students. LLAP aims to develop the next generation of American-Muslim leaders by providing in depth leadership curriculum, networking with other students, and real-world experiences.
The club is divided into two 8-week live semesters that are available both in person and virtual. The first semester is in the fall and the second semester is in the spring. A summer semester might be added for 2022.
- Spring Semester Courses: How to Influence Government, Islamic History & Identity, & Leadership
- Weekly Class Schedule: Wednesday, Jan 26th - March 16th
This unique leadership program will introduce students to CAIR-Essentail Leadership Skills such as:
1. Public Speaking
2. How to Influence Government
3. Mastering Debate
4. Islamic History and Identity Building
5. Art of Leadership
Each course concludes with either competition with cash or other prizes or a real-world experience.
- Examples of real-life activities include both Texas Muslim Capitol Day in Austin and the Washington D.C. Lobby Day in the summer. Several social events will be scheduled for participants to build meaningful relationships. Volunteer opportunities are available to help students receive volunteer hours.
Costs: $50 per student -
- College Scholarship: Participants who complete both sections will be eligible for the CAIR-Texas College Scholarship of $1,000. They will need to apply for the Scholarship at the end of the school year and compete with other participants.
- Ages: High School Students 9th - 12th grade.
How to Signup: Students must register online no later than Friday, Jan. 21st, 2022.