CAIR-Texas DFW Vision: is to be a leading advocate for justice and mutual understanding.
Our Mission: is to enhance understanding of Islam, protect civil liberties, promote justice, and empower American Muslims.
CAIR-Texas DFW is a non-profit 501(c)3 charity that is in good standing with the IRS. We are both Sadaqah and Zakat eligible. All donations made to CAIR-Texas DFW are tax-deductible.
The Five Pillars of CAIR-Texas DFW: just as there are five pillars in Islam CAIR-Texas DFW also has five pillars that helps define our work.
1. Civil Rights: Our office proudly takes on cases of discrimination against American-Muslims or those who are perceived to be Muslim free of charge. We believe that everyone should be treated equally regardless of their race, religion, or background. The best way to defend the rights of American-Muslims is in the courtroom.
2. Government Relations: We believe in giving American-Muslims a voice in the halls of power. Our Government Relations department empowers American-Muslims to vote and engage in the Democratic process. We organize dozens of voter registration drives and hold voter education seminars. The highlight of this department is our Ambassador Program. The Ambassador Program is a training program where we train community members on how to speak to their elected officials and voice our community's concern. Our office is passionate about campaigning for issues of social justice. We have been leaders in standing for oppressed people both locally and on a national leve. Our grassroots campaign to stand for Palestine and speak out against Trump's decision to move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem. We stand against the administration's support of the Saudi led coalition in Yemen. We stand with the oppressed Rohingya in Myanmar and the Uyghurs in China. We also engage in local campaigns such as ending the school to prison pipeline, giving undocumented peoples a path to citizenship, promote Police accountability efforts, to have a more transparent DHS TRIP program, and more.
- Learn More About the Ambassador Program: Click Here...
- Hold a Voter Registration Drive: (Coming Soon)
- Action Alerts: (Coming Soon)
3. Media Engagement: CAIR-Texas DFW is the single most successful Muslim organization in the region that regularly provides professional insight and stories to the media. Our trained staff work to ensure Muslim voices are present when there are stories covering our community. We are also committed to empowering Muslim community leaders and advocates to have the tools they need in order to share their stories and have their voices heard by the media. Every year we hold a 1-day "media training workshop' to give community leaders the tools they need to engage with the media.
- Media Training Workshop: (Coming Soon)
4. Outreach & Education: By far the largest department with CAIR-Texas DFW is our outreach and education department. Every year our office gives well over 100 talks to schools, universities, religious institutions, and other public forums. We operate a Muslim Speakers Bureau that has professional Muslim speakers who are available to speak at your community's events. We also provide cultural competency training as well as by standard training for businesses.
- Request a Speaker: To request a Muslim speaker for your community's event click here.
- Request a Training: To request a training for your business or team click here...
- Muslim Speakers Bureau: To join our Muslim Speakers Bureau click here...
5. Youth Empowerment: We are committed to empowering the next generation of American-Muslims to be tomorrow's leaders. We believe in teaching young Muslims the skills they need to build a better world and directly challenge injustice.